Job Location: Arch Coal, Inc. - St. Louis, MO
Job Purpose: To support in an administrative capacity corporate law members of the Legal department staff, and to assist other Legal department staff members on an as needed basis.
Required Education & Experience:
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of correspondence and materials to members of the Company’s Board of Directors and senior management
- Responsible for organization, maintenance and updating of corporate and contract legal files, including minute books, securities filings and finance and acquisition documents
- Prepare, proof and edit written materials and agreements in support of corporate legal group.
- Assist department members in updating various state and federal databases related to corporate licenses and permits
- Manage relevant department members’ calendars; schedule and organize meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience acting as an assistant for corporate law attorneys in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience in handling tasks associated with Securities and Exchange Commission filings, mergers and acquisition, corporate organizational and governance matters and organizing corporate legal files.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and e-mail applications
- Ability to work occasional overtime.
Position will report to: Assistant General Counsel
We know our employees determine our success. At Arch Coal, we attract and retain America’s top talent through:
- 7+ years’ experience acting as an assistant for corporate law attorneys in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience assisting corporate attorneys on a variety of international law requirements and projects.
Arch Coal is a relevant, responsible, and growing Fortune 1000 company providing America with an indigenous, secure, and ever-increasingly clean fuel source. Arch has amassed numerous national and international awards for the innovative use of new technologies, including Business Week's Web Smart 50, CIO's Bold 100 and multiple InfoWeek awards.
- Competitive base salary
- Employee Incentive programs
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% of base salary
- Free covered parking
Don’t stay in the dark. Learn more about Arch Coal, our culture, and our contributions to securing America’s future by exploring our website.
candidates interested in this position
should send resume, cover letter and
voluntary identification form to Arch Coal, Inc. One CityPlace Drive, Suite 300, St. Louis, MO 63141 or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/30/2011.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet